Besides cooking up CesiumOS, XDA Senior Member Sahil_Sonar has also released an OrangeFox Recovery build for this phone as well. This popular fork of TWRP fully supports MIUI update zip flashing as well as an integrated Magisk flasher.
The phone is well configured with excellent build quality which makes this phone best selling phone in the year late 2019. In this post, we will see how to flash stock ROM on Redmi Note 8 to restore it to factory default. This guide contains step by step guide to Redmi Note 8 flash file download and flashing guide in simple and easy words. It requires special software and a computer, and can be a complicated process that requires technical expertise.
- Xiaomi recently took the wraps off their latest mid-range device from their Redmi brand, the Redmi Note 8 and the Redmi Note 8 Pro.
- It’s hard to guarantee «100% safeness» with this kind of operations, but I designed it to be the most safe as I can get.
- You can use any of the following versions of Xiaomi Flash Tool to flash the firmware.
- So Xiaomi Flash Tool is for the Xiaomi device users in
- Select the stock boot img file that you have transferred to your phone.
We have given the direct link to download Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 stock ROM. We always suggest, before the start, the flashing process you need to create a backup of your Android smartphone. Now at the right bottom of your MI flash tool, you will see three options “clean all”, “save user data” and “clean all and lock”.
- Pixel Experience is inspired by the Pixel OS found in Google Pixel devices.
- Lock the bootloader, and you’ll be completely back to normal.
- Therefore, you have to install the Qualcomm USB Driver and the ADB Driver to connect the Smartphone to the Computer.
- He specializes in testing new stock ROMs for Android devices, and he shares his experiences here.
I know that some users got the issue where XiaoMiTool is not able to detect and connect to the device, especially on Windows machines. Unfortunatelly it’s hard to debug this problem as it’s related to ADB and the ADB driver issues that happen without a clear cause. On the developer PC this issue is not happening with the tested devices. XiaoMiTool is installing the Android USB driver used by the OEM (Xiaomi) and has a background service forcing the use of that driver on the device. However, this is not solving all of the problems and as of now, there is not a global solution.
You can install these using your distribution’s package manager. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 USB Driver is 100% free since the Xiaomi community officially releases it for Xiaomi Mobile users. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 USB Driver is a free software primarily used to install the Xiaomi Drivers on the Windows Computer with a few clicks. Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Smartphone is powered by Qualcomm SDM665 Snapdragon 665 Chipset.